A G E N D A
Happenings at the Austin High Diamond Jubilee This Weekend
Friday, November 9, 2012
7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. – Welcome Home Reception
Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 Telephone Rd (near the intersection of Leeland & Telephone)
Tickets $10 person (Limited number of tickets for sale at door)
DJ music – BYOB event
Saturday, November 10, 2012
12:00 p.m. – Sign-in/registration booths open at all entrances of the school *
1:30 p.m. – Program in Auditorium
Welcome, Program, Brigade Salute, and songs by the Chorus under the direction of Jack Novak, and Fallen Heroes Tribute.
2:30 p.m. – Pep Rally on the Dumble Street front lawn**
Featuring the Alumni: Cheerleaders, Majorettes, Chorale/Chorus, Emeralds, Jr Misses, Band/Orchestra & Stevies (and a new Stevie will be presented courtesy of the Alumni Association)
3:30 p.m. Birthday Party in cafeteria
Classes by year will meet at this time also
Additional events on Saturday November 12, 2012
You are welcome to come and participate in the set up, or just come by to watch the activities. If you decide to take a tour of the school during this time (don”t forget to visit the Walk of Fame and see the Fallen Heroes Memorial)
6:30 a.m. – Breakfast at TelWink Grill
4318 Telephone, 77087 (just before 610 on the right hand side and just after where Winkler vees off of Telephone)
Everyone pays their own tab
8:00 a.m. ‘Til?
Set-up of campus for event
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Final rehearsal of the various pep rally groups (check with your group leaders for correct time or email at Diamond.Jubilee@rocketmail.com)
10:00 a.m. – Sign-in/Alumni Membership*
Booth opens at front gate on Dumble – maps that were complied by the school of the campus will be given out here. Also, other booths around the school entrances will open later. Please let us know if you are part of the Pep Rally or Set-Up Crew
There will also be a vintage car display in the parking lot. Directions on the campus map. Bring your car and join in the memories.
Mustang Cafe Shop will open on the front lawn selling coffee, tea, juice and snacks that will benefit the Austin Student Council
4:30 p.m. (or immediately after the Jubilee ends)
After Jubilee Celebration, Relaxing at Mandola’s Deli, 4105 Leeland, 77023 near Cullen
Easy listening music provided by some nice ROTC Alumni
Everyone pays their own tab
*For the two days of the Jubilee and only at the event, you can become a Lifetime member of the Alumni Association for only $175.00 (price void after event and reverts back to $200.00.) You can also pay the annual dues of $25.00 a year
**Pep Rally will be on the Dumble front lawn (bring your own lawn chairs or blankets to sit on the grass)
This and That:
- Camera bugs may help us preserve the event by sharing their photos with us (give us names, when possible, of persons in your photos). Please send them to us email@example.com
- Updates of the yearbook on DVD”s – we have just been informed the price we previously quoted was incorrect, and as of this writing, we have not received the new price. Contact Juan Elizondo ’06 at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details & updates. He would also like to know what yearbook year you would like to purchase
- Parking – HISD will provide a shuttle around the neighborhood, even from the HISD site on Telephone
- The Cafeteria/lunchroom is now located in the back of the school on Lockwood Street
- Many classes are having their own reunions in conjunction with the school anniversary (some class reunions we know about ”59, ”62, ”65 – check the alumni website for more information)
- Here are some 75th Commemorative items that we will be selling:
- Spirit Ribbons with toppers $2.00 each
- Pennants – 8″ x 18″ Felt – $5.00 each
- Yearbooks on DVD’s
- Student Posters
By the way, Austin lost their Homecoming game in the final two minutes when Milby scored a win. BOOO!
Our heartfelt thanks to everyone who has donated their time, expertise and dollars to make this event happen!